Sunday, 1 September 2013
Bangunan Sztolee Ipoh
Chung Thye Phin Building nowadays called Bangunan Sztolee is a historic building in Ipoh Old Town. It was named after Kapitan Cina Chung Thye Phin, the last Kapitan Cina of Perak. The building at 14 Station Road was built in 1907. For much of its early years, it was associated with the medical industry, playing the roles of dispensary and medical hall.
The medical hall was established by Dr R.M. Connolly, who served the colonial government in the early 20th century before going into private practice. He was also the founder of the Perak Anti-Opium Society and once served as editor of the Times of Malaya.
(source : http://www.asiaexplorers.com/malaysia/chung-thye-phin-building.htm)